July 23 - August 5, 2023
Unfortunately, Voice & Keyboard Institute has been cancelled for summer 2023. The program is expected to be offered in summer 2024.
Under the direction of Westminster Choir College's teaching artist faculty, this two-week program draws students from across the country and around the world. Open to students entering 9th grade through those who have just graduate high school, all students will sing in the Institute Choir under the direction of James Jordan. Participants will choose one of the following focus areas which will provide training in the following areas:
- Choral: group voice class, conducting, choral literature
- Composition: theory, technique, orchestration
- Organ: technique, registration, improvisation
- Piano: expression, technique, musical embodiment
- Solo Voice: interpretation of solo repertoire, technique, voice science
- Daily sessions in body awareness, musicianship, improvisation, and more
- College-level training with Westminster's artist faculty
- Break-out sessions tailored to each student's focus area
- Opportunities for private lessons
$2,100 (includes the $150 deposit/processing fee and Room & Board)
High school students who complete any Rider University Pre-College Summer Program prior to applying for first-year admission to Rider University can qualify for an annually renewable $2,000 Pre-College Completion Award. Some restrictions may apply.
Enrollment is open to students entering 9th grade through those having just completed their senior year. There is no application deadline for this program, however it is advisable to register early to reserve your place in this popular institute. No audition is required.
Expectations for students:
Daily attendance, Monday to Friday, for two weeks. There will be an orientation on the Sunday before the program begins and a final concert on the final Saturday. Students must participate in both weeks.